Creating a Lean Game Studio is not easy.
Here “lean” means a systematic method for minimizing waste without sacrificing productivity. This is a helpful target for new company’s since there are so many alluring paths to explore as your company grows. Focusing on lean helps to minimize distraction.
Here are my 2-cents based on 18 years in the industry. This plan is not perfect, but its a great start.
- Unity – Create the game
- Visual Studio – Program C# code
- Gitlab – Version control C# code (and code reviews)
- Unity Cloud Build – Build the game
- Jira – Manage features/bugs
- Google GSuite
- Gmail – Manage emails
- GCal – Manage schedule
- Google Docs – Create files
- Google Drive – Manage/share files
- BizDev – Outside-facing promotions, partnerships
- OfficeManager – Inside-facing for daily operations
- HR – Recruiting & staff development
- Product Owner
What about interns?
What about contract-based employees?
Vision & Roadmap
- Company Vision
- 12 months goals
- 1 month meetings
- 2 weeks sprint